SEPTEMBER IS PERSONAL EVANGELISM MONTH
The National Missionaries
Tools for Evangelizing a Community:
(Even During COVID-19
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that winneth souls is wise." ~Proverbs 11:30
1. All efforts to evangelize must begin with prayer for "prayer is necessary to carry out the divine plan for salvation." E. M. Bounds Prayer prepares the hearts of those who you want to evangelize and prepares your heart for what you are to say for effective witnessing.
2. Establish a food pantry at your local church to allow the persons in your community* to have access to healthy fresh food, *("food desert" communities.) Leave tracts that explain the plan of salvation in each box or package of food that you give away. The tracts should be stamped with your church's contact information on them.
3. Contact the Chaplain and Warden at a nearby prison and offer to write letters to the inmates. Establish a relationship with the inmates so that you can gain their trust, thereby giving you an opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them.
4. Locate the nearest hospital, police station and/or fire station and deliver food or pastries to the first responders. Remember to include gospel tracts with your church's contact information on them.
5. Prepare a phone brigade or phone directory listing: the names and phone numbers of persons who call your church for prayer or encouragement or help. Call them periodically to let them know you care about them. You can share the gospel with them and encourage them to follow your church services and bible studies on Facebook and your church's website.
6. Establish a relationship with domestic violence and homeless shelters as well as nursing homes. Make DVD's of your Outreach Team, sharing the gospel, praying, singing, and encouraging the residents in these facilities. You can also drop off gospel tracts along with Sunday School books, coloring books, clothes, shoes, and magazines. As always make sure you leave your church's contact information.