CTC-STL CORONO-VIRUS PRECAUTIONS
The following thoughts have been adapted for CTC-STL purposes from various sources, including but not limited to other ministries and various articles
As you know, the corona virus is a rapidly evolving situation. Officials are not recommending the cancellation of public events or Sunday church gatherings that do not exceed 250. Therefore, CTC-STL will continue to celebrate public worship with Greater St. Paul Church likely through much of April.
During this time, however, here are a few safeguards you can expect or we encourage you to embrace:
1. We will provide hand sanitizer for those who desire to use it.
2. The offering counters on the Finance Team will wear gloves.
3. Stay at home when you or a family member are sick: Sick means you have symptoms such as fever or nausea, or have had them within the last 24 hours.
4. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
5. Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your arm.
6. Get in the habit of NOT touching your face so often.
7. Forgo shaking hands at church for a wave or a friendly smile.
8. At this hour, there are comparatively few ‘known’ cases in Missouri where persons have tested positive. But if you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved and take any necessary precautions. (Let’s also pray for those economically affected as a result of various ‘shutdowns’ and ‘work reductions.’)
Most of all, remember
God is still in control. He will see us through! (Psalm 46)
Don’t let fear and anxiety paralyze or control you. Master fear and anxiety by drawing closer to the Master! (Psalm 27:1-4)
Let’s seize opportunities for the local church and the Christian community to shine as lights in the midst of darkness. (Ephesians 5:14-15)
One great opportunity is to plan to participate in the 21-day “Who’s Your One?” prayer and outreach initiative leading up to Resurrection Sunday. The dates are Monday, March 23 through Sunday, April 12 (Easter Sunday)
Yours in Him,
Bishop Lindsay E. Jones, Pastor